Evie * - Burn scar
Evie was treated with Solution for Scars after she suffered burn scars to her face and arm after a freak accident involving a candle at her seventh birthday party.*
I’d organised a party for Evie’s seventh birthday last July, at a restaurant with all of her friends and family. I wanted to gather everyone together for a photo so I asked Jeremy, Evie’s dad to take the picture of us all.
But before he could take the shot, he threw the camera down and rushed towards Evie. Bewildered, I looked across, then gasped in horror. Evie’s hair was ablaze. Leaning across the table to smile for the photo, Evie’s long blonde hair had brushed over a tea light.
She was oblivious until her dad started frantically patting her head with his bare hands. Flames out, he rushed her to the toilets to place her head under cold water. Numb with shock, I chased after them. The smell of her burnt hair was awful and her forehead had an angry red burn, so we decided to get her checked out at A&E.
They applied a basic dressing before referring her to the specialist burns unit at Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital the same day. The team there dressed the burn on her head, but were happy for her to go home with advice to keep the dressing dry and to return for regular check-ups.
As the wounds healed, we were given various ointments and lotions to use, but I was concerned about using harsh chemicals on Evie’s skin. We did some research and found a natural cream called Solution for Scars. Jeremy wrote to the company to find out more and they kindly sent him a sample to try for free.
Over the following weeks, Evie had to return to hospital twice a week to get her dressings changed and her wounds checked. In between visits, we applied Solution for Scars three times a day. By the time Evie was signed off by the hospital in September, she was completely healed.
The doctor was impressed with how quickly her skin had improved. In fact, there was no scarring at all to her head or forearm (which she also burnt). The results were amazing.
NOTE: The before image from this case study is from when the trauma happened. Solution for Scars should not be applied to open wounds, weeping burns or broken skin and it should not be used on a sutured wound until all stitches have been removed.
Anne used Solution for Scars after undergoing surgery for a melanoma on her face...More Info › Kathy’s son* - Chicken Pox scar
Kathy used Solution for Scars after her five-year-old son had a very bad bout of...More Info › Samina* - Burn scar
Samina used Solution for Scars to treat burn scars to her arm following the cosm...More Info ›